SAVE THE DATE !
Sunday, September 28th 2-4 PM at Casey Commons 500E Seattle University An Interactive Educational Opportunity
- *SAVE THE DATE September 28th hosted at Seattle University Casey Commons 500E 2-4 PM An Interactive Educational Opportunity: “Holy Covergence”. An Interreligous panel and participatory discussion event recognizing the rare convergence of five major Faith Holy Days: Hindu Navaratri/ Desara/Durga Puja, Jewish Holy Days/ Yom Kippur, Zen Buddhism Memorial of Bodhidarma. Islamic Hajj /Eid Ul Adha and St Francis of Assisi Day all occurring on or around 10.04.14 * Save the Date and watch for our future updates on opportunities and upcoming educational and celebratory events: www.facebook.com/INOWS Sponsored by: The Interfaith Network of Washington, Seattle University STM , Compassionate Seattle, Interfaith Community Sanctuary
Interfaith and Faith Communities Event Listings
- Compassionate Seattle event listings HERE
- Interfaith Community Sanctuary events HERE
- Seattle P-I Religion events HERE
- Huffington Post Interfaith Calendar HERE
Past Events Listed on The Interfaith Network web site
Sunday July 6th 2014 The Interfaith Community Sanctuary 1763-NW 62nd St Seattle WA 98102 ICS
- Honoring the Guest ~ Interfaith Worship Series presents:Sunday July 6th ~ 10am" Selfless Service Serves Us Also" with Jamila Donna Crews Finney. Music shared by the Mevlana Sufi Ensemble with students from the MOA School of Music. First Sundays is our "Honoring the Guest ~ Interfaith Worship Series." This series is the interfaith ministry of Rev. Karen Lindquist and has been offered since 1998. It is co-sponsored with two United Religions Initiative Cooperation Circles, "Interfaith Community Sanctuary" and "The Interfaith Network"
Tuesday June 24th 5:30 (potluck) 6:30- 9PM Compassionate Seattle St Patrick's 2702-Broadway Ave E
- Join Compassionate Seattle for an inspirational community gathering that will give us time to reflect and imagine what a Compassionate Seattle is now, and can become. Please RSVP by so we can send out information to attendees. Feel free to bring a dish to the potluck and or beverages if you so desire. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mary Ella Keblusek (email@example.com, 561-386-4956) or John Hale (firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-397-4861. More HERE
NOW! June 16-27... Expressions of Diversity:
- An Introduction to Muslim Cultures is your guide to a deeper understanding of one of the world’s largest religious traditions. The program brings eighteen leading scholars to Vancouver, to speak on a wide range of topics. Come for a cultural odyssey into mysticism in Muslim pop culture! http://goo.gl/P7llAt
Tuesday, June 17th 7-8pm Join Jamal Rahman for Conversation, Reading and Q&A
- “Sacred Laughter of the Sufis: Awakening the Soul with the Mulla's Comic Teaching Stories and Other Islamic Wisdom” followed by book signing: reading ALLOWED series University of WA Bookstore 4326 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105 "We would do well to heed the Mulla's wisdom. One day, inevitably, our personal storms will not abate before causing destruction. Something will break our hearts and cause us to ask deeper questions. At that point we will become spiritual seekers, each in our own way...We will begin to hear deep inside the mysterious calling of our soul to fulfill the purpose for which we were created." -- from the chapter "The Storms in our Lives." http://jamalrahman.com/
Saturday June 7th 9 AM-3 PM “From Domination to Partnership” Rev. David Mesenbring
Skinner Auditorium, Saint Mark’s Episcopal, 1245 10th Ave. E., Seattle
- One of our region’s leading social justice practitioners, the Rev. David Mesenbring will facilitate a fast-paced short course designed to: + spotlight a rarely considered source of disparity + motivate deeper hunger for justice + increase cultural competency for more diverse collaboration + equip individuals and congregations for transformation
- All are invited! $25 registration. Bring your own lunch. Find more info and register athttp://bit.ly/Mesenbring-Partnership or by contacting Ann Erickson at email@example.com or 206.525.1213, ext. 105 Offered by the Church Council of Greater Seattle, with generous support from the Diocese of Olympia and gracious hosting by Saint Mark’s Cathedral.
Sunday June 8th 1:30 1:30-5:30 (24th too!) Compassionate Seattle St Patrick's 2702-Broadway Ave E
- Join Compassionate Seattle for community gatherings on June 8th and June 24th that will give us time to reflect and imagine what a Compassionate Seattle is now and can become. Please RSVP by June 3rd, so we can send out information to attendees. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mary Ella Keblusek (firstname.lastname@example.org, 561-386-4956) or John Hale (email@example.com, 206-397-4861. June 24th potluck and gatherings More HERE
Wednesday June 4th 6-7:45 Kids4Peace & Open Interfaith and Faith Networking Opportunity!
Sunday June 1st 10AM at Interfaith Community Sanctuary in Ballard http://interfaithcommunitysanctuary.org/
Druidic Ceremony of Healing and Fairy Spirit: Please join the Circle of Coll Druidic Seed Group for this very special, interactive healing ritual where we will gather to raise energy for the land and sea. For assistance, we will encourage the protective power of the nature spirits who live in our midst, by creating sacred space, calling the archetypal elements, and celebrating the power of the fey.
Wednesday May 28th 6-7:30 PM 2014 Dialogue 2.0: A Call for Interfaith Service and Action
- Turan Kayaoglu is presenting on Interfaith service and action. University of Washington Husky Union Building 250 4001 NE Stevens Way Seattle, WA 98195 refreshments/ free / open to public. Register HERE
Friday-Sunday May 23-26, 2014
- Beloved hugging Hindu Amma is visiting Bellevue. Free Public Darshan 5/ 23 morning & 5/23 & 26 evenings more HERE
Tuesday May 20 7-9:30 St Patricks (2702-Broadway Ave E Seattle WA 98102)
- Ecumenical and Interfaith Dialog More HERE
Saturday May 17th 10-Noon Ballard 1706 NW Market St Odd Fellows Hall World Peace Flag Ceremony
- More HERE http://www.byakko.org/1_about/index.html
Thursday, May 15, 2014 | Town Hall Seattle
- | Free Tickets Here Required Rabbi Dr. Donniel Hartman, Presenting: President of the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem, IsraelSa
Tuesday May 6th 5-8PM
- A Radical Orthopraxis in Asia: Buddhist-Christian Dialogue and Action in the Theravada Countries," In-gun Kang. S.J. RSVP: Emily Holt, ICTC@seattleu.edu, (206) 220-8270 http://www.seattleu.edu/events/detail.asp?sID=64884
Sunday May 4th, I0 AM
- Swami Brahmatmananda presenting at the Honoring the Guest series at Interfaith Community Sanctuary more events HERE
Wednesday April 30th 2014 4-5:30 "Many Faiths, One World: An Interfaith Earth Day Gathering" Seattle University, Student Center 160
- Come hear speakers from five different traditions - an Orthodox rabbi, Muslim community leader, Episcopal priest, Zen Buddhist, and Swinomish tribal elder - on how faith puts us in touch with the natural world. More here Interfaith and Interreligious/ Spiritual Events:
Tuesdays April 29th/May 20th 7-9:30 at St. Patrick's Parish (2702-Broadway Ave E Seattle WA 98102)
- Ecumenical/ Interfaith Educational Series Seeds of Hope, Unity and Peace Community Engagement in Prayer and Action to Promote a Just Society, firstname.lastname@example.org 425.865.0659 http://www.compassionateseattle.org/events/ecumenical-interfaith-educational-series
Saturday April 27th 5PM to 8PM,
- Interfaith Potluck hosted by Northlake Unitarian Universalist Church, 308 4th Avenue South, Kirkland. Join the Eastside Interfaith Group FIRE for this event: "The Common Good: How does your faith community define it and act it out?” * RSVP Please email email@example.com and let us know how many will be coming, so we can be sure to set up enough tables and chairs. http://firewa.wordpress.com/
Sunday April 20th Christian Easter is Celebrated at Churches/ Congregations in your town.
- Easter is the culmination of the Passion of Christ, preceded by Lent, a forty-day period of fasting, prayer, and penance. * One site where to find a church: near you *For an Interfaith Easter join Shaykh Jamal Rahman at The Interfaith Community Sanctuary
Tuesday April 8th, 7pm Pigott Auditorium / Seattle University Campus.
- Dr. Ysaye Barnwell will lecturing/performing / topic is “What Good is a Song: Consider an African Worldview”, an exploration of the use and evolution of African American music. She will be sharing with us both audio clips and live musical performance. FREE tickets are required, please visit ysayebarnwellfvps.brownpapertickets.com to sign up! contact Hannah Hochkeppel at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (206) 220-8588 *Upcoming Events @ Seattle U May 15th Rabbi Donniel Hartmann FREE tickets required Town Hall more: here
Tuesday April 15th, Seattle's InterSpiritual Seder
- first at the Interfaith Community Sanctuary. This year, Rabbi Ted Falcon leads Seattle's InterSpiritual Seder at the Interfaith Community Sanctuary in Ballard, with spiritual deepening from Imam Jamal Rahman and Ann Holmes Redding. More here:
Sunday April 6th, 2014 10AM at Interfaith Community Sanctuary (1763 NW 62nd Seattle WA 98107)
Ann Holmes Redding Abrahamic Reunion West - First Sundays is our "Honoring the Guest ~ Interfaith Worship Series."This series is the interfaith ministry of Rev. Karen Lindquist and has been offered since 1998. It is co-sponsored with two United Religions Initiative Cooperation Circles, "Interfaith Community Sanctuary" and "The Interfaith Network" www.theinterfaithnetwork.org TIN Facebook page.
Saturday April 5th, 2014 WORLD CHANT 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
- at The Priory Spirituality Center, 500 College St. NE, Lacey, WA 98516 Website. http://www.stplacid.org/ Admission/cost:. $60 info. 360-438-2595 email@example.com